UNIVERSITY CONFERING THE DEGREE
State University of New York-Empire State College (USA)
Upon successful completion of this program students will be able to:
- Prove financial knowledge with broader business fundamentals including understanding of management science, economics, accounting, computing and information systems, organizational behavior, business law and ethics;
- Have a foundation in science and liberal studies as delivered through the General Education program;
- Apply the subject matter critically and analytically in real situations;
- Comprehend the political, social, legal, regulatory, environmental and technological impacts on organizations;
- Provide and analyse financial information for a variety of decision-making purposes.
- Show understanding of the operation and design of financial systems, risks, financial instruments.
- Understand the role, functions and environment of financial services in an international context.
- Pursue postgraduate studies or professional qualifications in the field of finance.
As a result of completing this program, students should have acquired the following skills and values:
- advanced skills in the corporate finance field, e.g., planning, deciding and controlling corporate investment projects.
- excellent written and oral communication skills;
- demonstrate analytical and critical-thinking skills necessary to make sound business and personal decisions;
- numeric and quantitative skills including data analysis, interpretation and extrapolation;
- effective use of communication and information technology for business applications;
- effective self-management in terms of time, planning and behavior, motivation, self-starting, individual initiative and enterprise;
- self-awareness, openness and sensitivity to diversity in terms of people, cultures, business.