Bachelor Degrees Home
Master Degrees Home
Candidates for Undergraduate studies should be holders of:
• a High School Leaving Certificate with good performance and the High School Diploma or
• the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or at least six IB Subject Certificates (including at least three at the higher level) with a minimum total of 30 points, or
• A Levels obtained locally
Very good knowledge of the English language certified by:
• IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System)
• Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
• Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
• TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), internet-based test (iBT) and special home edition
• iGCSE English Language
Management is both science and art. This subject can be taught but it is also self-taught. The BA in Business Studies (Management) has been planned to familiarise the students with this philosophy. The central belief is that management is at the heart of all activities in business. In a sense it is identical to business. That is why the course covers the most important areas of today’s business’s world including:
• Management theory and practice, Starting from introductory theories of basic organization and decision making through to the most modern and complex methods of operational change and innovative forms of business, such as “virtual business”.
• Computer science has a decisive effect on the management of contemporary businesses, and is taught at all levels as applied informatics.
• No business can function without accounting and financial management. Within this framework, the programme teaches the importance of evaluating accounting tables and documents for the preparation of a business to ensure its survival and triumph in the future, achieving real and controlled profits.
• Also of great importance is the human factor, without which no actual operation can be conducted.
• The programme also includes marketing, which aims at real communication with the environment both inside and outside the corporation. Marketing and Management are of equal importance in achieving corporation goals.
• The programme is completed with some complementary subjects such as the European business environment, business strategy, entrepreneurship and small businesses and banking.
Graduates are awarded the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Business Studies (Management).
The degree is awarded by University of York (UK).