Bachelor Degrees Home
Master Degrees Home
Candidates for Undergraduate studies should be holders of:
• a High School Leaving Certificate with good performance and the High School Diploma or
• the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or at least six IB Subject Certificates (including at least three at the higher level) with a minimum total of 30 points, or
• A Levels obtained locally
Very good knowledge of the English language certified by:
• IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System)
• Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
• Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
• TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), internet-based test (iBT) and special home edition
• iGCSE English Language
Psychology is concerned with a wide range of phenomena including remembering and forgetting, thinking, problem solving, learning, the acquisition of skills, language, seeing and hearing, decision making, verbal and non-verbal communication, social interactions, and emotions. It is also concerned with the practical and ethical applications of psychological research to the profession.
The specific knowledge base imparted in the program consists of:
• psychological foundations
• current basic and applied research findings
• knowledge and respect for diverse cultures and individual differences
• clinical intervention and problem-solving skills, including preventive interventions to introduce students to the practice of research methods in behavioural sciences.
• principles of ethical professional practice
• skills in statistics and research methodologies and test construction
• facility in utilising resources
• professional psychological practice
• an understanding of the legal and regulatory contexts in which psychological services are provided
• understanding of the environmental contexts that impact on individuals and groups and skill in working effectively with those systems.
Graduates are awarded the Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Psychology.
The degree is awarded by University of York (UK).