In a world where degree providers are proliferating, the University of London Bachelor of Laws offers the security of an internationally recognized 'gold standard' established for over 100 years.
The Laws Programme is committed to:
- Promoting independent learning. We support you in developing your capacity to manage your own learning.
- Providing a wealth of resources. With our Online Library and Laws Virtual Learning Environment, you have a resource-rich learning environment in which to develop your legal research skills.
- Offering expert guidance in law. Our study materials are informed by current research and scholarship and engage with contemporary legal issues. Students are offered the opportunity not only to know the law but to understand it.
- Developing ‘transferable’ intellectual skills. You have many opportunities to develop analytical and problem-solving skills and learn how to construct arguments.
- Enabling you to develop critical awareness. Learn how to stand back and consider the ‘bigger picture’, develop an awareness of the context of law, nationally and globally.
- Understanding the language of law. Learning how to use legal discourse is crucial for success. Being able to communicate effectively is a vital skill.
Why choose the LLB?
✓ The academic direction of the LLB is provided by a Consortium of outstanding University of London Law Schools: Birkbeck, King's, LSE, Queen Mary, SOAS and UCL. Four of these Colleges (UCL, King’s, LSE, and Queen Mary) are ranked in the top 50 worldwide for law, and all are ranked in the top 20 in the UK for law (QS World Rankings 2015).
✓ The University of London was the first to offer a degree in English Law, in the 1890s.
✓ Upon graduation you will be joining a distinguished group of solicitors, barristers and judges around the world that began their careers by obtaining their law degree through the University of London International Programmes.
The academic staff of the University of London International Programmes consists of globally distinguished lecturers, holders of Masters and PhD degrees with extensive research and consultancy work, teaching experience at Greek and foreign Universities plus professional recognition in their field of expertise.