Bachelor Degrees Home
Master Degrees Home
The programme provides an insight in the pathophysiological processes that take place in sports injuries, the physiotherapy assessment and treatment, the return to sports exercises that will have to take place, the nutritional aspects during the rehabilitation period and immediately after and also the psychological aspects of sports injuries.
Learning Outcomes and Goals
• Overview of pathophysiological processes following an injury – timing of rehabilitation
• Assessment and treatment of common sports injuries - protocols
• Exercise regime – Do’s and don’t’s
• Importance of a correct nutrient intake
• Sports Psychology aspects
Dietetics and Nutrition and Sports Coaching faculties will be involved in the delivery of the programme.
A multi-disciplinary approach to sports rehabilitation in a country that started the Olympics.
Site visits (out-of-class experiences that supplement lectures as an integral part of the programme) : Iatriko Kentro and a sports rehab centre of a football team (Olympiakos).
Duration (in days): 8 (2 weeks)
June 24 – July 7, 2018
Number of instructional hours: 3-4 hours/day (24 – 32 hours in total)