Bachelor Degrees Home
Master Degrees Home
Candidates for Undergraduate studies should be holders of:
• a High School Leaving Certificate with good performance and the High School Diploma or
• the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or at least six IB Subject Certificates (including at least three at the higher level) with a minimum total of 30 points, or
• A Levels obtained locally
Very good knowledge of the English language certified by:
• IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System)
• Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
• Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
• TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), internet-based test (iBT) and special home edition
• iGCSE English Language
Modern organizations are confronted with the challenges brought by the global market, the digital economy, the knowledge society and the rapid growth of information technologies. Business environments in any sector are adopting computer technologies for all business processes and operational tasks, towards increasing productivity and promoting innovation and entrepreneurship.
Students of this programme acquire a mixture of technical and contextual knowledge and skills, appropriate both for the development of software systems and for the strategic deployment of current and emerging technologies, for promoting innovation and entrepreneurial activities within a modern organization.
Students are also exposed to the theoretical foundations of the Computer Science field, gain an understanding of the principles that underlie development of systems, apply their knowledge on real life projects and acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to cope with the astonishing rate of change of the specific discipline.
The BSc (Hons) in Computer Science (Business Informatics) programme prepares students for rewarding and challenging careers in computer-related fields or management. Graduates will be qualified to succeed as professionals in business informatics, software engineering, system administration and management, computer architecture, software systems, high-performance computing and research.
Graduates are awarded the Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Computer Science (Business Informatics).
The degree is awarded by University of York (UK).