Bachelor Degrees Home
Master Degrees Home
Candidates for Undergraduate studies should be holders of:
• a High School Leaving Certificate with good performance and the High School Diploma or
• the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or at least six IB Subject Certificates (including at least three at the higher level) with a minimum total of 30 points, or
• A Levels obtained locally
Very good knowledge of the English language certified by:
• IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System)
• Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
• Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
• TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), internet-based test (iBT) and special home edition
• iGCSE English Language
The Internet penetrates every aspect of today’s economic and social life. It provides a unique access to an immense wealth of knowledge and information, and its uses are virtually unlimited. The advancement of the Internet has revolutionised the way in which globally distributed, rapidly changing and collaborative industries such as banking, entertainment, healthcare, and manufacturing, to name a few, operate. This has created a great demand for specialists with an in depth knowledge and skills on Internet Technologies.
Students of this programme are exposed to the theoretical foundations of the Computer Science field, gain an understanding of the principles that underlie development of systems, apply their knowledge on real life projects and acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to cope with the astonishing rate of change of the specific discipline, with a main focus on internet based applications and the enabling Internet, mobile and web development technologies.
Graduates are awarded the Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Computer Science (Internet Computing).
The degree is awarded by University of York (UK).