Bachelor Degrees Home
Master Degrees Home
The programme addresses:
- Employed educators, psychologists and counselors
- Graduates of Higher Educational (AEI) and Technological Educational Institutes (TEI), Colleges and foreign Universities, regardless of specialty, who want to build a career in the field of education
- Non graduates, holders of vocational training certificates (from Vocational Training Institutes (IEK) or HND or equivalent), having significant work experience in education
Requirements for registration:
- Copy of the last certificate of studies (authenticated) *
- CV (in English)
- Letters of Recommendation (2)
- Good knowledge of English (IELTS 6.5 level or equivalent) **
- Academic interview
- Photos (4)
- Copy of ID-card/ passport (authenticated)
*Candidates with no University degree are also encouraged to apply for the programme. Factors like professional qualifications, evidenced experience in education and indication of engagement in university studies contribute to the admission of non degree holders in MA.
**Candidates with no official English language certificate but willing to attend an English speaking programme are able to take the English language placement test of the Mediterranean College
Aim of this programme is to assist graduates of different disciplines to pursue a career in Education, with a Leadership and Management focus, while offering an accredited Master’s degree. At the same time this course is relevant to those who have management positions in Education, without relevant qualifications. Its flexible structure combined with the block, weekend delivery makes the MA Education an ideal choice for working professionals both in Athens, Thessaloniki and the wider region.
The three-year part-time programme comprises six modules of 20 credits, out of which four are core modules and two are specialist modules. It also includes the diploma thesis (Independent Study) during year 3, which is written with individual tutor support on a topic closely related to the student’s professional interests. The programme content is practical and flexible, with the intention to enhance the professional specialisation of the participants and integrate the already existing experiences and interests developed in the workplace. According to the number of credits accumulated, students have the ability to exit the programme and acquire interim awards, like the Certificate of Achievement, the University Certificate in Education, the Postgraduate Certificate or the Postgraduate Diploma.
Graduates are holders of an accredited Master’s degree, professionally equivalent to those awarded by Greek Higher Education Institutions, and may enjoy the professional rights attached to their degree, after they proceed with the required recognition procedure by the Greek authorities.
The of MA Education: Leadership and Management holders can pursue higher administrative, coordination and management positions in Education: