Bachelor Degrees Home
Master Degrees Home
The MSc in Risk Management is Designed for:
• Graduates with a quantitative background in pursuit of a career in risk divisions of financial institutions, large corporations or investment companies.
• Managers who engage in risk taking activities.
• Professionals responsible for monitoring risk and reporting to senior management.
• Management consultants specialized in risk solutions.
• Compliance officers responsible for supervising business units, enterprises or financial system participants.
This program is designed to develop informed professionals who will be able to identify, measure and manage the risks latent in investments, business decisions or financial transactions.
The significant social costs paid by societies due to the recent financial crisis, highlight the importance of effective risk management.
Being a University Partner of PRMIA (Professional Risk Managers' International Association), our program will help you join the ranks of the globally growing profession of risk management and pursue a career dealing with some of the hottest challenges in business today:
• In pursuit of higher returns, reign in on growing market volatilities.
• Control the financial risks inherent in banking and insurance institutions.
• Identify operational risks in all areas of business.
• Design effective risk frameworks at portfolio, business division or enterprise level
• International Recognition: Being accredited by The New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and PRMIA University Partner, the program offers international and professional reputation and acceptance.
• Hands-on: The specialization courses are tied to professional practice and aim to address pragmatic challenges faced by risk managers.
• Integrated: The modular structure of the curriculum ensures that the program is well balanced around three themes: competency in analytical skills, knowledge of financial theory and ability to measure and control risk.
• Aware: Studying risk dynamics allows for a deeper understanding of the contagion mechanisms that created the global financial crisis with significant impact on societies.
• Innovative: The program offers the opportunity to master topics that differentiate from standard finance curricula, such as the challenges faced by financial institutions, the role of regulation in promoting financial stability and the application of quantitative processes that focus on tail risks.
• Company sponsorship (full or partial)
• Scholarships/Financial Aid
Alba Graduate Business School is committed to attracting outstanding individuals and helping them finance their studies. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of prior academic excellence and scholarship recipients must maintain high performance throughout their studies. Financial Aid is awarded to worthy candidates on the basis of financial need.
Tuition fees are paid at the beginning of each two-month period, plus a one-off non-refundable fee upon registration.
Key features of the program
• Weekday classes between 18:00 – 22:00, twice a week on average
• A 14-month program
• 12 core modules and 4 workshops
• Assessment: group reports/presentations, case study analysis, mid-term tests, final exams (18 – 21:00)
• Dissertation or Coursework (3 courses)